Profoto B1 500 AirTTL
a battery powered off-camera flash.
Profoto B1 500 AirTTL is a battery powered off-camera flash with a dense, durable polymer housing, integrated 77º reflector, and built-in receiver compatible with Air transmitters. Busy photographers can literally set up their lights, slip the optional Air Remote TTL transmitter onto their camera’s hot shoe and point-and-shoot without taking a reading and testing. Profoto B1 500 AirTTL also features a modeling light, unit shut-down and first or rear curtain control. It recycles in 0.1 to 1.9 seconds but can deliver up to 20 flashes per second in Quick Burst Mode which engages at lower power settings. Flash duration in Normal Mode is a very fast 1/1000 sec. Freeze Mode delivers flash durations as short as 1/19,000 sec for capturing liquid sprays or splashes and other creative effects. HSS Mode allows you to shoot at shutter speeds up to 1/8000 of a second. The B1 employs an exchangeable Lithium-ion battery that gets up to 220 flashes on a 2-hour charge with the included 2.8A charger. The Battery has fuel gauge-type LEDs that make monitoring remaining power easy. The B1’s back panel has a large, bright LCD screen that informs the user of the flash’s power level, radio channel and group, sync choice, modeling light mode and recycle alert.
- Power in 1/10 stop increments
- Battery charge level
- Normal mode: +/- 150K over entire power range, +/- 20K flash to flash
- Freeze mode: +/- 800K over entire power range, +/- 50K flash to flash
- built-in reflector and opal protective glass
- 20 W LED (70 W tungsten equivalent)
- Auto Power Off
- 1.4 x 2.5″ bright LCD control screen
- compatible with Profoto’s extensive line of umbrellas, reflectors and softboxes
- battery gauge that can be read from 20′ away
- Fan Cooled
- Auto Dump
- High-Speed Sync (HSS)